background

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Olympic Mania!!

It's the most wonderful time of every four years... Sing with me now! Not Christmas or my birthday
or BOGO at Famous Footwear or the last day of school. It's the

XXIX Olympic Games!!! I **HEART** the Olympics. I especially love the summer Olympics. It all started with Nadia Comanenci (sorry, Nadia, I know I completely butchered your name.) (you never know who's reading your blog, right?) I remember watching her get perfect 10's in gymnastics and Bella what's-his-name squeezing her stuffin' out! Now I get very nervous watching gymnastics - I worry about them falling! I love that there is 24/7 coverage. Yesterday, I watched fencing. What is that about??? I didn't get it AT ALL!! But all three medals went to the USA! And I watched men's cycling. Boring. Until the end when they all started bookin' it to the finish line.

And there is my most favoritest sport in the world. Soccer. Ahhhhhh.........what more can I say? We watch a lot of soccer. We have the channel that is dedicated only to soccer. But there is something about seeing those kids out there playing for our country. It's the next best thing to watching my own kiddos play. It makes my heart pump! So, here are some photos from the two men's games that have been played. We're following the women, as well, but I couldn't find any photos of them.






First, the fans. Seriously.......I have only one word for these peeps - LUCKY!! What a thrill to be in the stands cheering for Freddye Adu. Definitely would have to be some face painting goin' on!!

























This photo speaks to me and says "PURE JOY!!" times a gazillion! This guy (who has a foreign name that I will never be able to remember EVAH) scored the first goal against the Netherlands. We were watching this game while getting ready to head out to Josh's last tournament game this morning. We were trying to walk away from the TV and get out the door when the Dutch scored the equalizing (I get that from the soccer channel!!! roflmbo!!) goal and the game ended in a tie. Bummer.


Wowzers - what a picture!! This is from the Japan game the other day. The US won! Woo Hoo!!!!!

I hope they called a foul on the Japanese player. Climbing up someone's back really is not allowed. tee hee. These guys are so intense. More than a gold medal - their country's honor is at stake!

I don't want to put TOO much pressure on my sweet, soccer-playing children but...........

Listen up, Josh and Roman. If there's any way you could work really hard and train and practice as much as possible and then you could get invited to play on an Olympic team - well, let's just say, you would be my favorite child. (Don't tell your other siblings, K? This is just between us.)

USA all the way!!!

Beverly

I






















































































































































































2 comments:

O Fam said...

I was just saying to Hannah the other day....wouldn't it be cool if Roman was in the Olympics some day??!? Hannah said, "I could say I knew her when...." Hee Hee She took the words right out of my mouth! Go USA!

Growin' With It said...

did you see how YOUNG those gymnasts were? so come on roman/josh...how about now? we need ya on the soccer team!

and the fencin' thing...pff, what WAS up with that. its like they'd walk out and one touch and BAM it was over. silly if ya ask me.

i couldn't handle the commentators though, they wore me out! maybe i should just crank my "fanfare for the common man" today as i watch and hit mute on the tv!

love ya girl!