background

Thursday, August 7, 2008

Guess what I did yesterday??

First of all........EWWWWWWWWWWW......what weird looking toes I have!!!! I can't believe I'm putting them out on the www for everyone to see. (I'm sorry, Mindi. I know this breaks all promises we've ever made about showing our toes.)

Anyhoo - the little kids went with NaNa to Whitewater yesterday for the whole entire day. So, I made plans. Big plans. To shop the day away. And get a pedicure. I won a g.c. for one at Bunco so it was even f.r.e.e., free!! woo hoo!!

I didn't get to shop very much because I was with Richard at the dr's office until 10:45!! And then, the dr. didn't even drain that swelled up sucker! (the elbow, not the husband!! Remember his septic bursitis?) I know, I know. It's the nurse in me - I'm all about the medical procedure. I'm sure his joy at "no needle required" could be heard around the world. Really........it was good news that the dr. was satisfied with how the antibiotics were working and that the elbow is looking better. The x-ray showed a "possible" bone spur that could be the culprit. So, no gory drainage for me. It made me miss nursing for about a millisecond!

Back to the pedi........I am so ticklish on my feet that I rarely get pedi's. I squirm and giggle like you wouldn't believe! The whole time saying "I'm so sorry" over and over. I don't even know if the girl understands what I'm saying but I keep saying it! But I love cute toe nails so it is worth it in the end. Even though the whole time I'm convinced the manicurist is dissin' me in Chinese cuz I'm such a giggle-box!

So show me your toenails! Are you up to the challenge? For all my non-commenting, non-blogging friends that read, e-mail me a pic and I'll post it for you! (Now that will be funny!!!) Come on, girls - let's have a little summertime fun!

Two things on the news front: IT'S RAINING!!!!!!!! I can't believe what I'm seeing after a week of 105 degree weather without a cloud in the sky! Wait..........it's already finished. **sad face** What a tease. One clap of thunder and it's gone. Oh well.........it is August on the prairie.

And, drum roll please, my friend Marla has started a blog so go check her out! She's one of those people who can do anything she sets her mind to and is gifted in many areas. Her photography is amazing so I hope she puts lots of pics on there. She's got mad gardening skillz. Maybe she'll give us some pointers!! The possibilities are endless. There are pics of cookies and a cake on there right now that will make you drool on your keyboard so be prepared. You'll find her on the left side of my blog at Capturing Reflections of the Son. Go leave her some LOVE!!

Got to go feed the kiddos. Those few drops of rain prolly won't cause any soccer practice to be cancelled! As long as I can keep my cute toes dry!

B





3 comments:

SoonerAggieMom said...

But I've already blogged today....
And now you want a picture of my toes? I usually have cute toes but I dropped something (I honestly don't remember what it was) on my big toe so now I've got an ugly purple spot in the middle that's taking FOREVAH to grow out. So until then, it's prety in pink.

Yay! for rain, if only a little bit. Wish I could send you some of mine.

I can't wait to look at Marla's blog.

<3 you.

Growin' With It said...

okay, this is REALLY gross and i promise the garbage can was underneath...but i JUST finished clipping my toenails when i clicked on your blog. NOT JOKIN' is that disgusting or what. and even worse that i actually shared that with you. its like peein on the toilet while you are on the phone and telling the person that you are. now, if ya can't be honest with your friends...well come on.

and no way am i showin' you my toes, especially after seeing those gorgeous ones on here. and hmph, bunco...that's another reason to hold out on you, just cuz i'm jealous.

YAY marla...going over there right now!

Growin' With It said...

pff, am i blind or what? where's her website?!!!!