background

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

The Last Days of Summer

First, let me just yack about the weather here in the heartland. Monday it rained and rained. Tuesday it rained and rained. Until the afternoon. It stopped raining and was only in the high 70's. The kind of day for shorts and a long-sleeved shirt or hoodie - my most favoritest season of all!! But this never happens in August!! This is October kind of weather.

But it's the kind of weather that keeps us outside until we get too cold or bitten by a mosquito. (Have I ever mentioned that mosquitos will be the topic of the one question I want to ask when I'm in Heaven?? Why mosquitos?? Why? Why?)


Rant over. But it did make an old mosquito bite start to itch. ouch.

So this is how we spent our evening since soccer practice was cancelled. Roman playing tennis on our street. The little blue thing on the road is a tennis trainer. It has basically a ginormo rubberband attached to it that is attached to a tennis ball. So she can hit the ball and it always comes back to her. Somebody had a moment of pure genius to invent that lil puppy!! (Before that it was me chasing the ball down the street!)


After tennis, we moved to ping pong. My kids love that it's an Olympic sport. I think they might have found their Olympic dream. tee hee.

About that. Can you believe all the sports that have made it into the Olympics??? BMX?? Trampoline?? If they only had that one back when I was doing the trampoline in 4th grade with Miss Novey. I'm sure I could have turned that one front somersault into a fabulous two-and-a-half-twist-with-a-layout-to-stick-my-landing sort of routine!! Maybe I could be the wild card for this event. Ya know, the people who get to compete even though they didn't qualify. I think I would prolly just giggle the whole time I was jumping and then go flying off the thing!

Josh tries to convince us that he's preparing for the Olympics by playing the WII. Yeah...nice try!

Hope the weather is FAB where you are and you get to have a few mosquito bites of your own!

B-dog

2 comments:

Growin' With It said...

that little girl of your's has quite the swing. i'm thinking a ball that comes back to ya? if it were me, i'd be unconscious from it nailing me back in the head!

oh enjoy that rain. at least it goes away in your neck of the woods!

SoonerAggieMom said...

What a cool toy! I could use one of those since I can't run so well anymore. But I can still swing a bat and tennis racket.

Did you mention rain? You don't by chance live in Houston do you? It's rained every day this week.