background

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

It's All Down Hill From Here...


It's a big week at the Wright house!! It all started when (I know, I know - I always say that!) Josh decided to play football. Not really. It started at the beginning of the summer. Josh decided to cut his long hair O*F*F. Richard was ready. I was ready. Or I thought I was ready so I convinced him to wait until we had pictures made. We did that and then I talked him into just cutting it a little shorter before going all the way with the cut. But, Monday at football practice - he got his helmet and practiced in it. And it was hot. And it was sweaty. And it was really time.


I called for an appointment and......................................TA DAH!!!!


Who is that boy with the faux hawk??? I am so amazed by how much it changed his whole little boy look to a (...........can't..........get...............it.......... out.............)a PRE TEEN!!!!!!!!! waaaaaaaaagh! Even today, I keep sneaking looks at him. I wish the picture showed his forehead a little better - it hasn't seen the sun in 3 years so it is w*h*i*t*e. It looks great on him and he really likes it. It's just hair, right???

No one even recognized him at orientation last night. Which brings me to the worst day of my life. Tomorrow. He starts 7th grade at the junior high and as soon as I blink my eyes, he will be graduating and off to college. That's how it went with the big boys. It's all down hill from here.

So, I'm trying to be excited - at least on the outside. But on the inside, I can't believe how fast 12 years have flown by and this sweet-natured, easy-to-smile little boy is growing up. I've heard it said that a mother's love is an impossible love. Um hmm. True dat!

So for all the moms who are struggling with sending their "babies" back to school tomorrow or in the next few weeks here's a great big cyber ((((((((((((hug))))))))))) from me to you. I always think back to the day that Roman started kindergarten. My friend, Katrina, speaking my love language, took me to Krispy Kreme to drown my sorrow in an iced cream filled donut!! Maybe I'll find my way there after I drop him off at school!

Go Cubs!

Beverly

3 comments:

O Fam said...

UGGHHHH....I remember saying something to you the year the girls turned 5. It was something like, "this is really hard, 5 is so old". Tonight Hannah announced that in 3 months, when she is 10 (gulp), she will be a Pre teen. WHAT? I will be sure and let her know she has until 7th grade. Wish I could join you at Krispy Kreme or wherever you are to drown some sorrows!!

Growin' With It said...

of course sadness overtook me at this first photo...joshie boy, now lookin' like A MAN! and amidst my moans a certain little 7 year old came over to look.

i sat here all grins thinking...hmm a hair cut photo, maybe it will add more oomph to my efforts for him to cut his hair. and ya know what all he could comment on? the white mustang gt in the background of the photo. i give up!

SoonerAggieMom said...

Ohh, I love the hair!!

I hope you made it thru the day okay. I'm trying to read in order but it was hard to zip past the later posts.

(all the Krispy Kremes here are closed, that's worth some donuts right there)