background

Monday, April 20, 2009

The Week In Review

Did you ever just have one of those weeks??

Last week was super crazy at our house - which seems to be the norm these days. Soon, I'm gonna have a post that starts out: "There's nothing going on around here. I watched paint dry today."

But, for now, it is what it is.

And, what it is...is a lot of soccer. Good thing I {heart} that sport!

Easter was very enjoyable with our family. We had dinner in Guthrie Saturday night with my mom, brother and sister on our way home from a soccer game in Tulsa. Sunday, we went to church with my sil to see my nephew get baptized. (It was kinda funny being back in a traditional baptist church!! We only bought new jeans and flip flops for our Easter service at LC!! haha) But, they had poster testimonials - people wrote their testimony in just a few words on posterboard and walked out onto the stage with them, no speaking - and it was SO powerful. I wept and wept. You just don't know what people have gone through in their lives by looking at them from the outside!

Here are a few pics of Josh and Roman from Sunday morning. You know Josh would rather gouge his eyes out than wear khakis...they're so goofy!



The rest of the week was spent going from practice to practice to Beauty and the Beast rehearsals to games yada yada yada.

Josh's team practiced with their "A" team Wednesday night and, afterwards, Josh was invited to play in a tournament with them in Tulsa over the weekend. Very exciting for Josh but the downfall of the very quiet, laid-back weekend that was supposed to be. He played with his own team Saturday morning in Norman then we left from there and raced up to Tulsa to play that afternoon with the other team. I drove back up on Sunday with him and Richard stayed here because Roman had a game that afternoon.

So, lots of soccer with life just thrown right in the middle of it.

Today, the weather is beautiful. Roman and I have played tennis and gone to the Library. I wish I could have done that from the comfort of the couch and without a bra on but...oh well! I'm sure a bra-less couch day is coming soon.

But for now, let the dinner-making, taxi-cabbing hour begin!

Toodles,

B

3 comments:

StephieAnne said...

John (my hubby) participated in the cardboard testimony that we had at our church - yes, amazingly powerful.

Your kids look great - and full of smiles, so despite the busy-ness - sounds like you are all doing great!

Growin' With It said...

oh now ms. roman...do you think you can find a wedding dress that flares out like that too? umm, just in case you might need it someday when you marry my son!

Anonymous said...

Who is doing B&tB and when? That would certainly be worth a road trip to OK with the Princess! :-)