background

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Hello, My Name is Beverly...

...and I'm addicted to reality tv.

And my husband is my pusher. Just last night he introduced me to Mantracker on the science channel. Last week, it was Exterminators.

Like I have any time to watch more tv!! Thank goodness for the DVR!!! bwahahahahaha

I have learned something about myself and my tv habits: I like to know about other people's lives! Like the Gosselins, the Roloffs, the Duggars - they are like family to me!

I prolly have some more things to learn about myself when I equate tv personalities to my own family, right?

So, back to Mantracker and Exterminators. Mantracker is a race between the "prey" and the "tracker." The prey, usually two people, are on foot while the tracker is on horseback. There's a start and a finish and it's an overnite experience. Mantracker has a 68% capture rate. He's good! (of course, he does have the advantage of being on a horse!)

Exterminators is about a family in Louisiana that get rid of all kinds of critters for the residents of their area - rats, hornets, crocodiles - just to name a few. The main character is a mix of a WWF wrestler (not his size - just his "style") and a member of Motley Crue! But, he's so well-spoken that it catches you off-guard. It's funny to see him out wrastlin' a gator in his faux-leather pants!

Ahhhhh...that's good stuff! You've got to catch an episode or two to really appreciate it!

Speaking of Louisiana...Roman and I are off to her first out of state soccer tournament tomorrow in Shreveport! She is so excited. I'm excited because the weather is going to be beeeeee-utiful with no wind. Did you read that??? NO WIND. I can't tell you how much I have had enough of the wind in our state. Today - gusting 30-50 mph at all times. Never stops.

I'll prolly get down there and be wishing for a breeze!!! Go figure.

Go Cosmos!

B.

4 comments:

SoonerAggieMom said...

Shreveport is not that far from Houston and today the wind is blowing so hard, I thought I was in Oklahoma. Soooooo, I hope it blows itself far, far away from you.

You have some pretty strange viewing habits, my friend.

Growin' With It said...

what in the world did we do before reality tv??? i've been thinking about my habit of dvr'n old csi episodes, umm...what does that say about me? that i like to watch creepy shows about dead people? i've analyzed it and think it has to do w/ loving mystery. probably cuz my life is a mystery sometimes too!! sounds like you should pack your hat btw...have a blast sweet roman!

StephieAnne said...

Biggest Loser, Amazing Race, Survivor, American Idool.....yup pretty much our DVR queue is filled with reality tv - that WE LOVE!

Have fun in LA. We're hoping to break into the mid-60's this weekend!

O Fam said...

Have a fun road trip!! Good thing your good friend Alicia introduced you to DVR a few year back huh? I have to say....however, I don't miss my TV and DVR like I thought I would. I do however have plenty to watch in the way of DVD's :)