background

Sunday, April 12, 2009

He Is Risen!

Was it a morning like this
When the Son still hid from Jerusalem?
And Mary rose from her bed
To tend the Lord she thought was dead.

Was it a morning like this,
When Mary walked down from Jerusalem?
And two angels stood at the tomb,
Bearers of news she would hear soon.

Did the grass sing?
Did the earth rejoice to feel you again?
Over and over like a trumpet underground,
Did the the earth seem to pound:
"He is risen"
Over and over in a never-ending round:
"He is risen, alleluia, alleluia!"

Was it a morning like this,
When Peter and John ran from Jerusalem?
And as they raced for the tomb,
Beneath their feet was there a tune?

Was it a morning like this,
When my Lord looked out on Jerusalem?

He is risen, alleluia, alleluia.


This Sandi Patty song stays in my head on every Easter day. I wonder just exactly what it was like to be there and experience the miracle of Jesus' resurrection. I think it was like she writes: the earth rejoicing, the grass singing and anticipation and wonder filling the air.

It's rainy and gloomy here in OK but my heart is bursting with joy and gratitude and wonder and delight at the resurrection of the Saviour who died to save my life. I know Him and I am changed forever.

For that I am grateful.

B.

2 comments:

SoonerAggieMom said...

So many "Easter" songs go thru my head, but you are right, this one knocks it out of the park!

Happy Easter!

Growin' With It said...

i was just talking to someone this morning about sandi patti and how my mom always told us when she got to heaven she would sing just like her. yep, bet she's belting it out today too!!! i look forward to joining her. can you imagine singing this song to Him face to face!?

♥u sweet lady!