background

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Somebody Please Remind Me

...that I am in my 40's and planting 15 pots of flowers in one afternoon in Oklahoma hard, red clay is just downright crazy - not to mention painful! Today, my bum muscles hurt so bad I grimace to walk or sit down. I'm wishing I could just lay down the whole day but, sadly, this is a busy day with no time for laying - but lots of walking!! ouch.

This new house has lots of flower beds. The previous owners had lots of "schtuff" planted in them but not a flash of color in a flower to be found! And I do love me some flowers! (so not a shrub/bush person) I had a difficult morning Tuesday and ended up in the garden section at Lowe's. Nothing like rows and rows of colorful plants and flowers to lift my spirits.

(side note: we are really struggling with one of our children. not anything i want to share on the world wide web, but i would covet your prayers. 'nuff said.)

So, this flower bed is on the south side of the house. Same side as the garage. It's the one I see the most so it had to get flowers right away! You can't really see them but I planted all kinds of perennials - phlox, dianthus, and lots of others that I will never remember the name of!! I did get some shasta daisies and lillies from my friend, Susan. They were from plants that I had given her from my flower garden at our old, old house. (I gotta quit moving so much!) I was so happy to have some of those back.
Although I could hardly move by the time I was finished, I tucked them in with a little water and miracle grow and told them to get busy and G.R.O.W.!!
This is just a shot of my side porch. I bought that little antique bike at a garage sale. The little old lady that was selling it said, "Honey, it only needs a new chain." Little did she know that for 75 cents that cutie was going up on top of an armoire! It's seen all of its riding days.

I'm off to the grocery store for an hour of torturous walking. Cutest Boy told me to "stretch it!" I'm going to pinch his ear when he gets home for that suggestion!
Peace, love and planting,
B.

3 comments:

SoonerAggieMom said...

Oh, I'm so jealous! Brand new (to you) flower beds.

I know what you mean about those aching planting muscles. Who knew those existed?

Praying.

StephieAnne said...

I love that patio display with the bicycle - EXACTLY what I would want for my house. Nothing like planting flowers to feel like spring has officially sprung. And, I'll be praying as well....

BTW- You had asked for an update on that sweet little girl, Megan - it appears that her mysterious liver issues are better, however her blood counts are awful. They suspect it's turned into a very dangerous anemia condition (with a name in front of the anemia that I don't recall) requiring a bone marrow transplant.....she's a very sick girl - she's kind of in quarantine as she has no resistance to germs now.

Anonymous said...

Let's trade prayers for kids. (Or maybe we could trade kids?)

All kidding aside, one of my step sons is having a really rough time and his father has no idea how to handle it (and his mother is ignoring it, which his father has no idea how to handle either...) ANyway, I'd love your prayers for him and of course I'm praying for you and your family.