background

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Somebody Said...

"Get a mammogram at age 40."

I'm 41.36 years old so I decided it was time.
And it went something like this:

Radiologist Donna: "Mrs. Wright, are you ready?"
Mrs. Wright: "Sure. Do you want to start my IV and get the morphine drip going before or after I change into your super-fashionable poncho-type thin floral garment?"
RD: "We don't use morphine for this procedure."
MW: "So, valium, then?"
RD: "Not valium either. It's a simple procedure."
MW: "Demerol and Versed?"
RD: "No."
MW: "Tylenol? Baby Aspirin????" (desperation noticeable in her voice)
RD: "It's not as painful as your friends have told you. I will make sure you're as comfortable as possible."
MW: (under her breath and with more than a little sarcasm) "Yeah, right. You've prolly never even had one. Keep me comfortable, my eye. What does she know?"
RD: "I've had 10."

Well, shut my mouth. Next thing I know, she's putting "the girls" between the plastic things, smooshing the snot out of them and I'm done. The worst part was holding my breath and really, really hoping I wasn't part of some Ashton Kutcher Punk'd show! **grin**

Donna really was the best - so professional and as gentle as she could be considering the task she had to accomplish. I'll definitely ask for her next year - mostly because...ummmm...now that I've gotten that "close" (coughcoughfeltupcoughcough) to another chick, I'm sticking with her!!!

So glad that is over, but you know which dr's appointment comes next, right???

Aye yi yi.

B. - whose mammies have been grammed.

4 comments:

SoonerAggieMom said...

Yep, I'm pretty sure my firls are not the same after mine a couple of weeks ago. And yep, I did the other visit last Tuesday. Who knew we were on such a tight (get it?) schedule together?

StephieAnne said...

Funny, last Thursday was my annual exam.... I had my first mammogram last year as my doctor wanted one at 35 to establish a baseline. I must have the perfect boobs for it, because it wasn't bad at all. Mine are already so sagged out, a little more didn't seem to make a difference!

Anonymous said...

yowza.

Growin' With It said...

how much is a plane ticket to okc these days? so i can see this girl too and have YOU come hold my hand. okay, that sounds disturbing, you can look away though by putting the iv in my arm!