background

Thursday, April 9, 2009

The Trouble with Starbucks...

...is two-fold as I see it. (giggling cuz I used the word two-fold!!!)

First, is the much-too-happy voice that comes through the speaker to take my order. It is only 8:15 in the morning. I am quite sure there is nothing to be so sunshine-y about at that awful hour of the day. No, I don't want anything to eat. No, I don't want a shot of your crack/energy boost in my drink. (Although, that might help my non-morning loving self. I might consider that next time.) Just take my order and STOP TALKING!!!

The guy that took my order did get a smile out of me this morning. He sounded just like Will Farrell in Elf - one of the funniest movies evah! It was that sing-song "Your total is somethiiiiing and I don't know what it iiiiiiis but I'm running over to look at iiiiiit" that made me let out a little laugh.

Secondly, is the humongous 50-bazillion car long wait. ugh. Which is only made worse by the terrible drink I got this morning.

I'm not a coffee drinker. I'm a whipped cream-hot milk-peppermint-with-a-little-coffee-thrown-into-the-mix drinker aka Peppermint White Mocha. ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh...that is good stuff. But today, my precious drink was mostly mocha with not enough peppermint. It tasted like coffee!!!! I wanted to go back and have Happy-Loves-the-Morning Boy give me a re-do but it would have meant another 10 minute wait!!! argghhhhh. And, I couldn't go inside because I was bra-less.

That's what I call a conundrum. What's a girl to do?

But, even this little cranky-pants can have a meeting with the Lord in the midst of a faux-crisis! While in line, I watched the sun come out from behind the darkest cloud. You know those few minutes when it's a brilliant white light before the sun actually comes out? I just sat in anticipation of what was coming. Knowing that the light can never be stopped.

The Easter season does this to me. I try to stay mindful of what Jesus was going through at this time, on this day a few thousand years ago. I hate to think of it. It makes me squirm with guilt that He endured crucifixion and the horrible beating before it to save me. He knew that all these years later I would need a Saviour - that I cannot do this life on my own.

So the crucificion makes me cringe, but the Ressurrection - now that's worth waiting for!

Hosanna to the Son of David!
Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord!
Hosanna in the highest!

B.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have had to stop going to Starbucks. Too much upselling and not enough consistency. I like my latte a certain way and mostly they never get it right.

Ugh to too much coffee not enough peppermint! :-)

StephieAnne said...

It sounds like you like your coffee like I do - meaning, the less you can actually taste the coffee, the better.

I love how you pulled the whole think into a reflection on this coming weekend - I cringe as well - to think I am worthy of such sacrifice is overwhelming......