background

Sunday, March 8, 2009

You Wanna Wax My WHAT???

So I went to a new gal to get my hair done on Friday. She's the mom of one of Roman's friends and I always enjoy talking to her and she has cute hair herself - important qualifications when I'm choosing someone to do my hair!

She's washing my hair in the sink of death as I call it - because the base of my skull hurts for 3 days after laying my head on that hard porcelain!!! - when she says "Do you want me to go ahead and wax your upper lip while we're back here?"

Shock and awe!!! My what??? "I have a mustache???" says the Queen of Denial. (I've seen it before but have always had a dream of looking like my Aunt Bonnie who had a mustache darker than Hitler's) I'm sure if I don't acknowledge the 'stache then nobody else will EVAH notice it, right?
Another random confession: I have never, I repeat NEVER, had anything waxed on my body. It strikes more fear in me than a root canal ever has. And, her shop was filled with people - a couple I knew and hadn't seen in a long time so if I screamed or cried or both, that would be way too embarassing.

So I quietly said "I think I'll wait until the year 2000 and never."

And I've been talking with my index finger positioned under my nose ever since. I'm quite convinced I can live the rest of my life that way without drawing too much attention to that area of hairiness. Is that a word??

Oy vay.

What am I going to do? All suggestons accepted. All pain-free ones will be considered first!

B. - who needs to be hair-free

1 comment:

Growin' With It said...

there's always the circus!? "mrs. beverly the bearded mama"! bwhahaha. oh i laugh so hard at myself sometimes. and you got me going on this one. the horror just to have someone out of the blue mention that you have hair that shows on your lip. grrr.

bottom line for me was always my sweet kristi...so here i sit w/ a bad, BAD haircut, messed up eyebrows and the chin hairs? well don't get me started!

♥ you funny girl!!