background

Friday, March 27, 2009

March Madness

It's the most wonderful time of the year.....................not Christmas, but the NCAA Basketball Tournament!!! It pairs 2 of my faves: college hoops and tournaments. College b-ball is so fun and tournaments are good for my adhd - concentrated action that gets wrapped up quickly with a winner! {although, a whole month to get to a championship game is a wee bit tough for me!!}

I filled out a bracket just for fun. (interpreted to say that Cutest Boy did not enter my bracket in his office pool, so it has to be "just for fun.") And, I am doing SOOOOOO good with it!!! Of last night's games, I was 3 for 4! Only my sweet Duke lost to Villanova - which hasn't happened in 50 years.


I picked Pitt to win it all and they just barely eeked out a win last night. Whew! But, hey, a win's a win, right? And just why did I choose Pitt? I don't really know!! It's not like I studied the ESPN website or just chose based on mascots or school colors. I had no rhyme or reason - I just picked and they got to be my #1. Go figure.


This is Levance Fields who hit a 3-pointer that really was the game-changing moment for Pitt. He deserves to celebrate!

If you need any help filling out a bracket, you should call Roman. She has a very simple method: Skip right to the championship game and fill in the winner's blank with OU!!

We'll see how that works out for her! Hope you are all enjoying some of the madness and that your favorite team wins!

Peace, love and go Pitt,

B.

1 comment:

StephieAnne said...

I kind of wish I got into this more than I do - although the year that the Ducks were in the Elite Eight was pretty awesome. It sure makes the days of March a lot of fun.

Sounds like everyone had a tremendous time over spring break - great for you guys. The tail end of ours has been so lazy, there's nothing I could blog about except: EAT BAD-FOR-ME FOODS, READ, PLAY ON COMPUTER, SLEEP - THEN REPEAT. I love days like this when the kids entertain each other and Michele is around so I feel like I have liberty to be so indulgent.

Enjoy the days of warmth in Oklahoma - we're thrilled here when it reaches 60!