background

Sunday, March 15, 2009

I {heart} Movers

Movers are my new favorite peeps - especially Renardo and Anthony who moved my whole house in the snow and drizzle.
See the snow on the house across the street?

And what was I doing while they were moving all my junk? I was not laying on the couch eating bon bons - which is where I would have liked to have been and would like to be now.


Like the Cutest Boy seems to be doing, right? Can you believe all the work is done already? Aren't we so speedy? And now we (and by we, I mean CBOTB) can lay on the couch and watch the bracketing for March Madness. (insert dripping sarcasm here)

Seriously - there is so much work to be done but some couch time was much needed this afternoon and CB definitely deserved it.

The good news: we are moved in.
The bad news: the previous owners left the house a MESS.

I almost cried when I finally got over here on Thursday. There were dustbunnies the size of baseballs in some of the corners, not a single cabinet had been even slightly wiped out and there was even "gunk" in the toilets. They had 3 long-haired cats - need I say more??? All this after I had been killing myself to clean the house we were leaving. I wanted it to be spotless for the sweet couple that bought it.

So, instead of unpacking boxes and putting things away, I have been cleaning this house top-to-bottom for the last 2 days. Tomorrow my other favorite peep, Paul-the-carpet-cleaner, is coming to hose the place down! Then, I can really start to move in.

Whining over.

Here's a peek at my kitchen - THE most beautifu feature of the whole house! I'm sure I'll be cooking so much more. *wink*


I'm ready for you all to come visit! The front porch light is always on...

B.

6 comments:

Growin' With It said...

is that kitchen (fireplace look) familiar to the house we remember you in? and look at it this way sweet friend...you've got your SPRING cleaning out of the way. bummer deal.

SoonerAggieMom said...

That is SOOOOOOOO pretty! I know just what you mean about moving into a dirty house. That happened to us here. I'd cleaned my OKC house like crazy thinking the people listing their house would do the same thing....not. You'll have it perfectly spiffy in no time.

StephieAnne said...

That house looks amazing! I'm so sorry about the condition of it when you arrived - how totally defeating! But, Linda's right - spring cleaning is done!

Enjoy the nesting.....

Anonymous said...

Linda's right - now your spring cleaning will be done a little early. And your kitchen is GORGEOUS.

I'll be there for spring break.

I wish. :-)

RamblinRealtor said...

Ix-nay on the stenciled flowers above the pantry door...
Love, Your Realtor

O Fam said...

I love the kitchen...can't wait to see the rest of the house. Got a spare bedroom?

Happy Unpacking!!