background

Friday, March 6, 2009

Like a Jellyfish

Or the title of this post could be "One Thing To Know About Beverly." And that thing would be that I do not like confrontation. I mean I really, really, really DON'T. I could go on and on about situations that make me squirm but just know that I have to turn the tv channel when people start acting ugly to each other so when I'm actually involved...aye yi yi. I'm not sure how I walk upright when I'm convinced I have no backbone.
Like this jellyfish. (picture shamelessly pulled from internet because you might remember that I still do not have my camera and aren't posts more interesting visually when there's a photo involved?)

But, that all changed yesterday afternoon! It all started when...

Josh came home from school to tell me that the screen on his phone was messed up. Emergency! Dial 911!! Call someone, anyone!! HE COULDN'T READ HIS TEXT MESSAGES!!! Oh, the inhumanity of it all. Drama, much?

Being the loving mother that I am, I rushed to the AT&T store yesterday. Not really rushed so much as it was on my way to Sonic. The guy took one look at it and gave me 2 options: Call and have a replacement shipped to us or drive up to the north side of the city and walk out with a replacement. Hmmmm...it was a beautiful day here so I decided to put the top down on the 'stang and take a little drive. The sacrifices I make for my children. :)

I get to the service center after a 30-minute drive and THAT guy took one look at it and said "That's physical damage. It's not covered by the warranty" and handed it back to me.

Whhhhaaaaaaaaatttt?? He obviously doesn't realize how precious my time is and that gas just shot back up to $1.79 and that the guy at the other store SAID they would take care of it here. So, I say - and just know that my heart is pumping out of my chest and I have to pee all of a sudden -

"That is just not going to work for me. I drove up here on the advice of _____ _____ from your store on the south side and I want this phone replaced TODAY."

Short version - they replaced it. Yay me!!

I'm so glad I didn't have to argue further because that took about everything I had. That might just be my one time for the whole year!

In other very important world news...all the finalists are selected for American Idol. I do have to say that as much as Tatiana absolutely drove me bonkers, she did make for some good tv!

We really only watch tv anymore on our dvr. FF'ing through commercials is the only way to go. But last night it came back to bite us on the booty! Our dvr is set to automatically record every episode but I guess last night's lasted a little longer than it's time slot.

Yep - you guessed it - it cut off right before the very last contestant was announced!! We all just sat there stunned with our mouths hanging open. Reality set in and we all ran for the computer but couldn't find the results ANYWHERE on the www. One quick text to Randy N. - the original AI biggest fan - and we got the results which were totally unexpected!

Spoiler Alert!! Stop reading now if you don't already know.

Yay Anoop Dog and Matt!!! And 13 finalists - wowzers!! That was a fun twist.

Do you have a fave yet? Danny G. seems to be the natural choice and I do like him but you just never know. Americans are funny when it comes to voting.

Now that's a whole 'nother post topic!!! LOL

Peace out,

B.



3 comments:

StephieAnne said...

Same thing happened to us on the American Idol DVR... had to rely on the trusty internet to let us know what happened!

Way to go in standing up for yourself. I can't stand confrontation either, but am getting much better at it when it comes to strangers, particularly in service/purchase issues.

Enjoy the warm weather. We're still in the 40's and it's brrrrrrr!

Anonymous said...

Go you at the phone place! Sometimes it seems like they are just trying to push buttons!

Growin' With It said...

"That is just not going to work for me"...you can say things like that?! ☺ i woulda been right there BEHIND you friend, cheering you on and peeing my own pants outta fear!