background

Sunday, March 29, 2009

Ramsey Rocks

Let me just tell ya what my sweet daughter suggested for a title of a post..."Things You Might Find in the Cat's Poop." While it can be very interesting when emptying the litter box, I'm afraid that only the Wrights can make an entire conversation out of that!!! bwahahaha

(btw, it was a rubber band she found the other day in case you wanted to know. Call if you want to discuss it further!!!)
Ahhhhhh.....Dave Ramsey. The bomb-diggity of financial gurus - and a Godly man, at that! When we found out he was doing a series of messages for LC, Josh and I got so excited. We listen to him several nights a week on our way home from his soccer practice. (I'm hoping some of this $$ stuff sticks with my 12-year-old!)

Today was the last day of the 3 messages and it has just been a blessing for us. But, I have to give my secret confession of why I enjoy him so much. It's a pitiful reason, really, but here goes:

BECAUSE WE ALREADY DO WHAT HE TEACHES!!!!!

So, I just nod my head and think things like "Preach it, brother" and "That's right" and "Y'all better listen and do what he says." And, then I 'bout pull my arm out of the socket trying to pat myself on the back!! It's quite a workout being such a know-it-all!!!

This could have possibly been the only 3 times in my life that I have been in a church service with a pastor giving a sermon that I haven't wanted to crawl under the seat because I just knew he was preaching right. at. me.


Seriously, there was plenty in there for me to learn still. (and I don't ALWAYS feel, in church services, like the sinner I truly am!) What I really want to do is to shout at the top of my lungs:

"It's true! Financial bondage is the worst. It eats at every part of your life. It is an easy path for the enemy to take to kill us mentally, physically and emotionally. It doesn't have to be like that. You can do it!!!"

God speaks clearly in his word about debt.

Proverbs 22:7 says: "The rich rule over the poor, and the borrower is the slave of the lender."

So true, so true. I'm working very hard to change my way of thinking about borrowing money. Although we only have car and house debt, that's only because Cutest Boy is wise - not me. When CB and I met, I had several (coughcough6cough) store credit cards with balances. My theory was that it didn't matter because the minimum payment was $20 and I could certainly afford that cuz I was a workin' girl at the Lazy E making good money.........see where I'm going with this??? I can't imagine how much in interest I have "given away" over the years with my financial wisdom! But, I still struggle with instant gratification. I want it and I want it NOW! (Varuka Salt could be my bff!)

So, while I just smiled and nodded my head at Dave, the wheels were turning in CB's head. He wants things now, too. Only he wants less house and car debt. Aye yi yi. Slow down. I haven't finished with the patting of the back!!

Here's an advertisement for a special tv event Dave's doing. I think it's so relevant for what we're all going through with the financial situation of our country.

You can also watch his messages at lifechurch.tv. The 2nd week has a part that is so funny, I about pee'd right there in church I was laughing so hard.

Closing thought: Our hope doesn't come from Washington, right? Our bail out comes from the Lord!

Financial peace to all of you,

B.

1 comment:

SoonerAggieMom said...

Amen sista, our hope comes from above, not Washington...thank goodness!

I don't know how you posted three posts and I missed them. Sorry.

Way to go on your brackets. Mine got thrown out last week :(