background

Thursday, March 26, 2009

I Am A Thief {and other rambling nonsense}

My bff from college, Mindi, is having a birfday on Monday. Proudly, I have a little something for her and went to the p.o. to put it in the mail so she will actually get it BEFORE the actual day.


(This is huge for me. I love to give gifts but the actual getting them to the person seems to be monumentally difficult for me. Don't know why. I could fill a cabinet with little treats I've bought just to brighten someone's day or for a birthday. It's very strange. I probably need more therapy for that than can be achieved in this post. tee hee)


Anyway, back to the real story. I had the gift and wanted to mail it in one of those decorated bubble mailers they have at the p.o. So, I'm there. I get it all packaged up with one of their cute labels. I turn around and the line is about 8 bazillion people long and every single one of them have a huge box or boxes to mail. No one's just getting stamps!

And, joy of joy, I have a lunch date. At a Mediterranean restaurant. I'm very excited - not only because of the food that I've never really had - but because it was with a super sweet friend.

I look at my watch and decide to ditch the line and come back later. So, me and my cute envie head to lunch. About half way across town, I realize that that cute envie isn't F.R.E.E!!!!!!!! I didn't pay for it!! Of course, I turned right around and headed back to do the right thing.............NOT. I've got my priorities in order. Lunch first. But I was certain that at any second the SWAT team was going to pull me over!!

On to other news.........

We had a great spring break. I'm always sad when it's time to go back to school.

Roman went camping in the Wichita Mountains with a friend we've known for a long time. She was gone for 5, yes, I said 5, whole days up in some place where there wasn't cell reception unless they hiked to the top of a mountain!!! That was soooooo hard on this mom. But, she didn't miss us. She had a great time and loved the fact that she smelled like a big ol' campfire! She spent the rest of the week ripsticking - or *trying* to ripstick. Look at her legs after that week:


Josh spent his spring break running around our new neighborhood with all the boys he already knew here. Now that was a beautiful thing. He did start reffing soccer games last weekend. Isn't he cute? I'll be the mom sitting at every game he refs and then tackling any coach or parent that even THINKS about yelling at him! (I mean it.)

Brandon and Patrick went to Wolf Creek to ski at the beginning of the week. Is it wrong that I am totally amazed that they were able to get there and do all the things necessary to have a vacay??? They had a great time. They called Tuesday morning, their 2nd day on the slopes, and both were sick. Pat had an ear infection - which happens every time we ski - and Brandon had an upset stomach. Aye yi yi. I got them going and after a trip to the clinic, they were back on the slopes by afternoon!

And, then there was the previously mentioned anniversary. Now we have decided that we already got the best present - getting to move into our fab new house -but that Cutest Boy...he could not go wrong with the present he had for me.

Chocolate.

Godiva Chocolate.

Godiva espresso truffles to be exact.

I'm still swooning even though those babies are long gone.

Really, it's been a whole lot of schtuff at our house. Unpacked boxes are still everywhere. (still waiting for them to up and empty themselves!!) The fish is refusing to eat. There is a non-stop stream of kids in and out of my house.

And, I couldn't be any happier!

B.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I heard about you on the news!!! :-)

J/K

Sounds like a fun week for you. FIVE days of camping?!?!? You are a brave mom.