background

Friday, June 27, 2008

Well I'm Takin' My Time


I'm just moving along. You'll forget about me after I've been gone. yada yada somethin somethin just outside of your front door.

That's about all the Boston I know and you can tell it's not much. Really...I'm not sure if those lyrics are even correct. But I sing them loud and proud in the car with my sweet hubby.

He knows every word.

And so does Josh.

That's prolly the reason I lost my mind temporarily when Josh saw an ad in the paper that Boston was coming to the Zoo with Styx and he said "We should get tickets for Dad for Father's Day. I'll go with him." I said, "That's a great idea." (Really just thankful that I wasn't having to come up with a great gift for the guy who is sooooo difficult to buy for because he never wants anything!!!) (rant over.) It was only after I hit the "buy tickets now" button did the reasonable, protective, sheltering mother in me return to her senses.

I'm sending my baby into a den of iniquity.

(whatever that means but those are the words that popped into my head.) I might as well sit him down in an R rated movie and spike his OJ with beer!! I couldn't even **think** about what...ummm..."aromas" might fill the air. KWIM??

Anyway, the concert was Wednesday night. They had a great time and my baby boy didn't come home high or hung over. haha So I guess praying over your children "without ceasing" really does work. He did come home with a Styx shirt that had a picture of the band on it and all I could think was "Man, are those guys getting old!!"

Good news from yesterday: Josh had competitive soccer tryouts and made it back onto the team that he played on the last two years. Tryouts make my stomach hurt. I got to hang out with some of my girlie peeps at Starbuck's so we could spend time with Kristi C. (Waves! Hi K!)

Today: Roman performs as Annie Oakley in the Artworks production of "And The Tony Goes To..." Plus, her sweet friend who moved to Texas last year is in town and will get to see her perform.

Baby bird update: They were all gone yesterday. Again, I was sad. But, I got up this morning and there were four of them back waking up in their own bed.

I'm now wishing for that boring life I was so convinced I was living!!

Thanks for stopping by,

Beverly




3 comments:

Growin' with it said...

hey, i was suprised to hear that josh didn't get a tatoo! hee hee. know what you mean about those old songs, when you sing them now and wonder how you never really knew those words were so bad back then! sounds like a great time and i'm a bit envious. of that and of starbucks with kristi....pity party on the west coast!!! miss you all.

SoonerAggieMom said...

I agree with Linda. Did I actually sing those words? If I heard my kids singing them now, I'd tell 'em to knock it off! I even went to many of those concerts too. Yikes!

Love your blog!

SoonerAggieMom said...

And I forgot to say "Way to go Josh!" Remember watching Clint & Brandon play soccer together?