background

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Thirst Quenching Tea



I am not a tea drinker. OR...I wasn't a tea drinker -until McAlister's Deli opened up and advertised the fact that they have the best sweet tea EVAH! Then, my sweet husband, who is a tea drinker, had some and raved about it. Then, I had some and it WAS the best iced tea I've ever had. In a word - perfection.

Of course, then it became a competition between me and McAlister's to make the best tea. (Sidebar - McAlister's doesn't really know about the competition. Or care, prolly.) I had to make that tea and I'm happy to say that I have *almost* gotten there. Josh even says I am so close and he's definitely a tea drinker. So here's a picture of my wonderful tea. And, I'm even going to share my findings with you: I use my Mr. Coffee Iced Tea Maker with three Luzianne teabags - and I always use a filter in the holder-thingie. After I've put in amount of water directed and I have the ice in the pitcher, I pour 1/2 cup plus a pinch of sugar over the ice and brew away! When the tea maker has finished it's part, I stir the tea like crazy and that dissolves all the sugar. Fabulous! I really think the secret is using bagged ice from 7 Eleven. Let me know if you give this a try and it works for you!

I have to give you an update on the baby swallows on our back porch! It was such drama last night - mostly for me. One of the babies left the nest and was trying to fly around the back porch. He was doing a good job and the parents were flying all around him trying to encourage him and make sure he didn't hurt himself. (That's the way it went in my head!) He finally perched on the back of one of our chairs so I slipped out to take his picture. Max, our dog, decided to go to his water bowl - not paying one bit of attention to the bird - and it scared the baby who took off over the fence into our neighbor's yard!! I was so sad. I tried to find him but couldn't. So I was sad some more. I went to bed sad. But, this morning, there were 5 babies back in the nest! YAY!! I'm not sure at this point how they are all fitting in there, so I know it won't be long before they all fly away. And I'll be sad again............until I have to clean up the porch below their nest!!

I want to leave you with the scripture from the Bible study Roman and I are doing. It's a familiar one and is especially meaningful for us right now - but I'll chat about that tomorrow. Proverbs 3: 5-6 - give it a lookie.

Ta Ta For Now (to quote our pal, Tigger),

Beverly

2 comments:

O Fam said...

Welcome to the world of blogging!! However....I am not so pleased with your tea picture....I would love a big glass of McAllister's or Beverly's tea!! Could you fed ex that right oveR?

SoonerAggieMom said...

Guess who found your blog...we have mutual friends, er bloggers.

I blogged for awhile but then decided I'd rather read than write.

Thanks for the updates on your family. I miss them (and you).

~~Laura