background

Thursday, March 11, 2010

You wan cryt-ul jel?

I am 40-ish years old. One would think that I have done most of the basic things in life by now. I've gotten an education. I've married. I've given birth. I've swam in the ocean. I've eaten calf fries.

But today, for the first time in my LIFE, I got (in the words of the fabulous Laura A) my nails did! Looky at those fabulous snausages! That Marla W...she's pretty incredible with her multi-talented self.

They are kinda cool to have. I'm doing a lot more pointing and gesturing today!

But, in keeping with my A.D.D. self, these nails have caused me to give thought to a few things!

The first is.............what is the most attractive pose for your hand and fingers if you want to take a picture of your new claws? I'm tellin' ya - I took 10 pics and only liked this one! If I had more time, I would have found a hand double!

And, of course, getting my nails done, I could only think of Anjelah Johnson's "Nail Salon" that you can find on YouTube. (If I could link it, I would!!) If Marla had told me I had a crooked finger, I would have wet myself! And she says "You wan cryt-ul jel?" interpreted as "You want crystal gel?" and I fall off my chair laughing so hard! Seriously, you MUST google it! And, don't forget my absolute fave on YouTube, Bon Qui Qui at King Burger. Sweet georgia brown it is hysterical!! Go check it out!!

Peace, love and painted nails,

B

No comments: