background

Monday, December 20, 2010

Pioneer Woman


Obsession.

Definition: 1.) To have a fixation on something. 2.) A cologne by Calvin Klein. (From Beverly's dictionary!)

I have the first one. I'm completely and totally smitten with "The Pioneer Woman Cooks" cookbook.

It all started when...

My friend, Charlotte, was raving about this cookbook she had gotten. I had heard of Pioneer Woman's blog and had seen her on the Today Show once but I didn't know any of her story of how she came to "be." So I went back to her blog and nosed around a little and read about how she was a city girl turned ranch wife. She has such an easy style of writing, I felt like she was chatting just with me!

October was my month to host Bunco and after 12+ years with these ladies, each time gets a little tougher to buy just the right gift that will bring out the savage beast in each of them causing a riot when it's time to pick your prize. (Sidebar: seriously...belly button lint could cause a smackdown some nights. That's just how we roll! I do love those ladies but that's another post in itself!) So I bought the cookbook.

And I read the cookbook. Or, at least I read as much of it as I could without opening it all the way so as not to break the spine so no one could tell I had been reading it in case someone else won it. (insert big sneaky smile here)

So when Bunco came, I rolled and I rolled and I rolled those dice. And, I won. And I picked that cookbook. And the next day, I sat on my couch and read it cover to cover!

And, I'm pretty sure Ree Drummond and I would be bff's if she lived a little closer! She seems very.........hmmm, what 's the word......REAL! Probably because she is. She's an Okie...like me. She homeschools...like me. She cooks...better than me. She's a country girl...like I used to be. She's humorous...like I want to be!

We could seriously hang out!

So, after the love fest I got a brilliant idea! I'm going to cook everything in it and blog about it. Yes, I stole the idea from the movie "Julie and Julia." But, my cooking adventure will be called "Ree and Beverleeeeeee!" (I crack myself up!)

I've already made 5 things. Yipppeeeee! To quote Roman Bethany Wright: "Pioneer Woman has changed our life for the better!"


That made me giggle! Next post: Eggs-In-The-Hole.

Yum.

Beverleeeeee

2 comments:

O Fam said...

Just so you know....I LOVE the PW. I cook a lot of her recipes over here...and I DON"T have the cookbook yet...but am getting it frist thing when I get home. I love her recipes. I made her cinnamon rolls for Christmas morning...YUM!! and her Ranch chicken is a fav around here as well. Maybe we can cook together some this year!!?!?!

Beverly said...

Oh Alicia...I wanted to rush out and buy you one and send it to the other side of the world but thought it might be a hassle to haul back to OK. So, I have a copy for you and will be so excited to cook with you when you're home. After we've laid by the pool all afternoon, of course!