background

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Lunar Eclipse

Tuesday, December 21, 2010.

Lunar Eclipse on the winter solstice...hasn't happened since 1663...or something like that. We (the Wrights) couldn't miss that but we (the parent Wrights) couldn't stay up til 2 a.m. and Josh was still in school so he couldn't stay up that late either. So we set our alarm and decided to get up in time to just get a glimpse of it to say that we saw the great event.

And that's what we did.

We got up. We went outside. We looked. And, we went back to bed.

Or so I thought. (More on that in a minute.)

In my groggy state, I didn't grab my camera to get any pics so these are borrowed from my friend Jenny Lawless. She did a great job.


This 2nd picture is basically what we saw...the beautiful reddish, copper colored moon. It was beautiful even through sleepy eyes.



But the best part happened the next morning.



Josh comes in to breakfast and gives me "the look" and then,in a voice that, if a voice could roll its eyes then his would have been rolling, says "I guess the eclipse didn't happen."


He didn't remember us getting him up and going out in the front yard to look at the moon! That would explain why he marched himself out there in only his boxers!


He doesn't remember a thing which just cracks me up! I guess he'll have to wait another few hundred years to get in on the action!

No comments: