background

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Big Day

It's a big day here at the Wright house. Long story short...Patrick met a girl from Virginia on Facebook and she's flying here today to spend a week with us.

I know. I know. It's a lil' bit strange but really OK. They've talked, texted, facebooked and skyped for months now. I spent about 30 minutes talking to her and her parents Sunday night. (Richard had to skip out to be at Southlakes.) They are completely worried about their 19-year-old daughter trekking cross country to meet this dread-locked boy. I've tried to put myself in their place and 'bout had a panic attack just thinking about Roman doing something like that!

Patrick is so excited.

Who knows how it will go.

Times are so different, aren't they???

B.

p.s. Josh's team went all the way to the finals of the state tournament but ended up losing. It was so exciting to be a part of that and being #2 in the state ain't bad, right?

3 comments:

SoonerAggieMom said...

Rats! So close on the soccer tourney. 2nd is still great!!

Uhm, I cannot even imagine allowing my child, son or daughter, to do what Patrick's gf is about to do. But think of all the blogging material!

Growin' With It said...

way to go josh and
WAY HAY HAY to go patrick. oo la la. if that girl is smart, she'll see a GREAT thing and keep hold of it. and that's just his parents for starter! ☺

StephieAnne said...

That sounds so 21st century romantic!!! I hope it all turns out very well......