background

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Christmas Oh-One-Oh Faves

It's January 2011 which means we just came out of December...one of my favorite months of the year. Giving gifts is one of my love languages which means that getting gifts melts my butter, too! It certainly isn't all about the gift-giving...I love that everyone is focused on Christmas so even if they don't mean to be, they are focused on Christ. He was and is the greatest gift ever given!

And there's that beautiful gift of Christmas break: 2 full weeks of NO SCHOOL!! yipppeeeeeee!! That is enough of a gift for me! (Notice I'm making this statement well after CBOTB had some presents under the tree for me!)

Oh, and the family time...there was lots of it this year and it was really wonderful.

I thought I should make a note of my favorite things from Christmas this year before my forgetfulness sets in. :)

1.) Patrick and Brandon spending the night on Christmas Eve so we could all wake up together on Christmas morning! Sweet!
2.) Marshmallow guns
3.) Pioneer Woman cinnamon rolls for breakfast (yes, there will be a separate post about this crazy adventure...my first time ever to use yeast!)
4.) Marshmallow gun fights
5.) Sock Monkey hat on Roman Beth
6.) Marshmallows all over the house...and I mean ALL OVER!!
7.) Labrador Retriever from Cutest Boy just like Christmas 15 years ago
8.) More marshmallow gun battles
9.) Just Dance 2...from Josh, to me
10.) Christmas lights at Chesapeake, the dancing lights on Norman Street and the Griswald-type lights on the house by FBC Moore.



































2011 is off to a great start. As I type, I'm listening to Roman at her music lesson with Mrs. Yeager. My heart swells listening to her pure, beautiful voice. God definitely gave her a gift that resides in her vocal cords!

I don't make resolutions but I am making a few plans: 1 - have more fun, 2 - never eat so much that I'm miserable full, 3 - JUST DANCE!!

1 comment:

StephieAnne said...

Can't wait to see pics of that lab! So glad you had a phenomenal Christmas!