background

Monday, January 24, 2011

The PW's future BFF cooks, part deux

Mocha Brownies. Just the name of these sweet treats made my mouth not just water, but GUSH! Then looking at the picture in the cookbook where the icing is as thick as the brownie just about put me over the edge.

OH.

MY.

GAH!

Let me back up here a minute. Between the Eggs In The Hole and now, I did make two other recipes from the cookbook. (That is The Pioneer Woman Cooks by Ree Drummond in case you're just tuning in. Another shameless plug? Yes, please!)

I made her Beans and Ham and the Chicken Spaghetti. The B&H were so similar to the way I make them, I didn't get that excited about it.

When I made the CS, I decided to send half of it to my friend that wasn't feeling well and the kids at the other part. If I remember correctly, Cutest Boy and I had dinner plans that night so I never even got to taste it. It did get rave reviews from the Wright children, though, with many requests for it since!

Back to those delish brownies!

I've been making those box-mix brownies all my life and have loved them that whole time. Betty and Duncan were my favorite peeps, kwim? Well, that's all changed now. These are so easy to make and very yummy. Low cal...they are not.

coughcough4sticksofbuttercoughcough

Take a look at this picture


Maybe once I conquer this cookbook, I will master some photography skillz!

Next up...PW's cinnamon rolls. My first adventure with YEAST!!

Yikes!

1 comment:

StephieAnne said...

I want some of those RIGHT NOW!! And, in the morning, some cinnamon rolls please.....yuuuuummmmmmmyyyyyy!