background

Monday, August 23, 2010

How to spend the day when it's 105* outside

They say a picture's worth a thousand words,
right?

(These pictures would tell a much better story if I could EVER get them in the order I want them!! grrrr!!)

You might say it's been a tad warm in the Heartland this summer. I say it's been downright H.O.T!!! Many days in the 100's with a heat index 10 degrees above the real temp. Just miserable! There's not a much better way to beat the heat than by being in the water.

So...we put in a pool. This cute little sea turtle lives on the top step. I love him!

These rafts/floating-pieces-of-furniture were given to me by my friend Joan. This is how it went:


Joan: I have some rafts I want to give you.
Me: You have a pool. (thinking they were the little $2 floaties from wal mart)
Joan: We won't use them. Richard (her cutest boy) buys stuff like this and just puts it out in the building. Let me help you carry them out to your car.

Seriously??? They were in huge boxes and they are the most fun in the pool!! You can get about 8 6th graders on the white one!! Thank you, Joan!!

And this is a full view of the pool and deck. **happy sigh**















And, what do I say about this picture? What is there to say, really? He's 14. That pretty much sums this up!!


It looks like he's really letting loose!! hahaha

And, that's how we spend these super hot days. Ahhhh...

1 comment:

Mary Morrow said...

i heart swimming pools.
and huge floaty things.
and the friends who give them.
:)